Monday, March 15, 2010

Legendary Martin Brodeur Among The Elite

I've written some heavy criticism on the New Jersey Devils goalie #30 Martin Brodeur, but his credentials cannot be ignored.

He has been a major part of three Stanley Cups for New Jersey, along with being one of the top 3 goal tenders of all time.

This picture belongs 1.bp.blogspot.com

As a Ranger fan I get caught up in the rivalry I have to admit there are times I am definitely hard on the hall of fame net minder.

Marty already has the record for the most career shutouts with 108 as he brings together an impressive record of 594 wins and 321 losses.

I am a big Sean Avery fan so a lot of the time I notice I will poke fun at M. Brodeur, but it is all in good fun because I know what the man is capable of in net.

I may not approve of what he did regarding his wife by cheating on her with a relative of hers, but to be honest what he does on the ice is an example of a true winner.

You cannot get much more consistent than a guy who plays almost every single game, and finds a way to come up with save after save.

This is one of the few seasons where I haven't heard much about him and there is something wrong with that considering he is 37 years old this season with a 37-22-3 record, posting a goals against average of only 2.36.

I keep waiting for time to catch up with Martin Brodeur but that doesn't seem to be happening right now.

I was the first to say he shouldn't have started for the Canadian Olympic Hockey team, I regret saying that because this is always someone who you want in goal for the big games.

Look for Marty to roll on as he continues his legacy in the NHL shutting down some of the league's best scorers.

No comments:

Post a Comment