Everyone in the world wants to see Floyd "Money" Mayweather Vs Manny "Pacman" Pacquaio, this as of right now is the most anticipated fight in history.
The problem is you hear two conflicting parties who seem to unable to reach a deal for the Boxing fans, this has all come down to money not about legacy.
As a fan I've tried to see both sides but right now all I see is a bunch of disappointed fans who have invested years into both fighters.
Both fighters owe it to the fans to reach a deal, out of frustration people try to act like the fight has lost its appeal but recently we saw the truth.
Floyd Mayweather took cheap shots at Manny Pacquaio on facebook and twitter while Manny refused to engage.
Fans were piling up Floyd's twitter and facebook along with myself, I was fortunate to talk to a member of Floyd's money team David Levi.
David goes out of his way to do his job, he talks to all fans including the people who bash his fighter because he loves the sport and its obvious he loves what he does for a living.
I saw a different side of a money team I judged to be a bunch of arrogant guys when instead they proved to be hard workers who achieved their goals in life.
I saw a video on David Levi and as a Boxing fan I actually became a huge fan of his, I think this guy tells it like it is.
I think Floyd's entire career relies simply on his record, what he doesn't see is win or lose if he jumps in there with the pacman he will have forever earned the respect of every Boxing fan in the world.
Floyd saw an opportunity to take some jabs at Manny Pacquaio but it seems like it was all a waste because the fight is not going to happen at least not anytime soon.
People may see Manny not responding as a sign of weakness, people may doubt him because he doesn't talk trash but that is just Manny.
Every fighter is different, they are all professionals trust me there is no way they don't come on fight night ready to throw down.
I believe Manny and Floyd both want this fight deep down, I believe they are listening to the wrong people instead of just coming together for the sport that made them.
At this point there has never been a better time for these guys to fight, Manny doesn't have the support he had at one time, people are doubting Manny now which makes him very dangerous.
M. Pacquaio needs this fight to cement his legacy, this would be toughest fight of his career as far as who he would be going against.
Manny can beat Floyd but he can beat him too, both fighters are at such an elite level that if you matched them up it could go either way there is no sure bet in this one.
Floyd on the other hand is a guy who has been known to defeat fighters he was much better than, the problem with Floyd is he makes great fighters look bad so people don't give him the credit he deserves.
I think Floyd actually needs this fight more than Pacquaio because if he ends up fighting Amir Khan instead he will have the majority calling him a coward.
When people say Floyd Mayweather is the best in the world because he is undefeated I laugh because those are the most uneducated fans.
Being undefeated is an accomplishment don't get me wrong but you are also judged by the competition you went against and Manny is the guy who seems to always take the harder fights.
I wish there was a way Manny and Floyd can just come together, forget the agents forget the lawyers just reach a deal and get it signed.
If this fight doesn't happen it will be a shame, I understand Boxing wants to stay alive by having the two best fighters in the world remain relevant but in the end you got to give the fans what they pay to see.
No comments:
Post a Comment