Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Jon "Bones" Jones Running Out Of Excuses

UFC Light Heavyweight champion Jon "Bones" Jones picture belongs to http://sp-thefightking.blogspot.com



















UFC Light Heavyweight champion Jon "Bones" Jones, has been one of the main topics in the UFC for a long time now.

You have to always keep in mind when your at his level of fighting, your actions and words always seem to come up with a response.

There has always been a debate between Boxing and MMA, what made the world of MMA stand out at the end of every argument, was the fact that nobody really turned down a fight before.

I think having that edge over Boxing was something that really drew a lot of fans in, whenever a champion of the sport takes it upon himself to think of himself first it shows a lack of respect for everyone spending their hard earned money to watch fights.

Jon Jones took that edge over Boxing and completely threw it out the window, you have to hope this doesn't start a trend for fighters in the UFC.

I really wish Jon Jones would be a champion who sticks to his word, hes said in so many words in the past that he would want anyone anytime. Jon Jones also has said he took responsibility for why UFC 151 was cancelled.

According to ESPN.com Jon Jones recently gave an interview with Ariel Helwani where he tells his side of what happened. Throughout the interview he said many things that seemed to be excuses for why UFC 151 was cancelled.

He claimed he had no idea that the event was depending on his decision to fight Chael Sonnen on 8 days notice, when your pretty much the main draw of the show why would you think your presence doesn't mean the difference between fans buying tickets or not?

Fans were buying tickets to see him defend his title against Dan Henderson, now when he was removed with an injury people would have went crazy for a Jon Jones Vs Chael Sonnen fight.

When Jon Jones rejected the fight he told UFC president Dana White that his trainer Greg Jackson said fighting Chael Sonnen on 8 days notice would be the biggest mistake of his career.

During the interview he was trying to clear things up he is now taking the side of saying Chael Sonnen is a racist thug who didn't deserve the opportunity.

I don't get how your opinion on the whole matter changes from your trainer advised you not to fight because he basically didn't believe in you to Chael being beneath you.

Lets also not forget the same guy calling Chael Sonnen a thug is the same guy who got a DWI in the last year.

I'm not saying getting a DWI makes you a bad person, but how are you going to call someone a thug when you been in handcuffs yourself?
 
Jon Jones may be able to fool curtain people but not me, I see through everything he has been trying to do.

I'm not going to cheer on for a fighter who simply doesn't feel its his job to give back to the fans who invested to watch him fight at UFC 151.

I'm not going to deny the amount of talent Jon Jones has, I'm also not going to deny the fact he may be one of the better fighters in the UFC, but there comes a time in a fighters career where he has to show what hes made of.

I know there will still be many supporters, I also know for a fighter who worked so hard to achieve greatness he has thrown that away with the other half of UFC fans.

This is a man who fought 4 times within the same year, this is the youngest Light Heavyweight champion in UFC history, so many great accomplishments during his UFC career.

I'm just trying to find a reason why a fighter at the level he is at would have no confidence in himself fighting someone on 8 days notice.

No matter what the turnout is between Jon Jones Vs Vitor Belfort, there is still going to be many fans who feel cheated out of a great fight.

I find it really disgusting how he is all of a sudden trying to turn the blame on the UFC for putting out a weak card, he basically put down everyone else who was on the card as well as the promotion that pays him to fight.

Jon managed to find more time to rip Lyoto Machida, he is saying he doesn't understand why all the hate is going to him and not guys like that.

That to me is a fighter looking for every excuse he can find, how are you going to call yourself a champion and talk like that?

A real champion is a champion that can admit his failures because they take pride in what they do, they don't look to point fingers or duck opponents.

At the end of everything I'm sure Jon Jones will destroy Vitor Belfort, I just hope he finds a more worthy contender next time.

Jon Jones has run out of excuses its time to just go out there and do what he does best. I really feel Jon Jones made a selfish decision, but the UFC is the UFC it will always live on.


No comments:

Post a Comment