![]() | ||
| The sign of respect for John Ferrara |
There is very few people who could go through the battles he had to survive.
It would be wrong on my part to try and explain what he went through, unless your a part of it you could never fully understand how tough it is.
You could listen to a few stories, each time you hear something that makes you wonder how bad things could get in the drop of a hat.
What makes my friend John Ferrara so strong is the fact that he never ever felt the need to brag about the heoric things he did while fighting for our freedom.
Here and there I've heard stories, from what I do know I will say this is someone we should all give respect to, for anyone that reads this that knows him make sure if you pass him somewhere you shake his hand.
Years ago before he joined I remember him telling people he was going to join the US Army, I was stunned and told him it would be a huge mistake.
As we continued talking during that conversation, John looked me dead in the eyes and said "Quinn I'm doing it".
From that point on I knew he meant business, never was there a time where I ever saw him look that focused.
Ever since that time hes grown into a man to be proud of, I'm proud to be his friend and I know for a fact that many other people feel the same about him.
When I think back at all the time he was off serving his time for the US, I felt at so many times like I didn't have my best friend.
You know we all have a group of friends that all feel like family to us, even when we have to go our own ways for a while, you never forget where you came from.
I always felt for John because like I wrote in another blog he got the shaft when it came to High School Baseball, to this day if you bring him around to play Softball or Baseball hes an absolute monster.
Now your adding a military background into his skills along with being in awesome shape, right now if I was him I would be trying to play Baseball again.
When I look back at our friendship, I don't think there was a ever a time where I didn't look at him like a brother.
I'm sure if you think back you can remember times we may have been angry at each other, there is a saying in my family, once you have your first argument with someone close there instantly initiated into the family.
If you look at the picture of the tribute to his contributions to our country, I was driving past it the other day and had to take a picture of it.
It reminded me of all he accomplished in a short time, if you think about it 3 and a half years is not as long as we think.
It feels like yesterday when he called me while he was about to get on the train to leave for the first time, I think I was more scared than he was, he sounded fearless.
Like I said I won't get into the details of what he did, I will say if you have never served time as a soldier then you would be grateful that you didn't have to overcome the obstacles he had to.
See no matter what we hear we will never fully understand, thats why I think the best thing to do as Americans is to just make sure we show every bit of respect we can.
When I talk about showing respect not just for my friend John Ferrara but for all of the troops who have served us.
John Ferrara just stands out to me as someone who really made his bones in the US Army, for the ones who told him he wasn't going to make it I'm glad he made everyone of you eat your words.
For all of time he will go on as an American hero, what makes this such a great success story is the fact he continues to work for our freedom and our way of life.
We watch these stupid speeches from politicians, what they should really be doing is talking about how much the troops have done for us.
They should be talking about ways to bring the rest of our boys and girls back home, I don't understand how there not the #1 priority right now.
Based on what I've heard from men who have served our country, Barrack Obama doesn't care, he cuts funds basically making it harder for our troops to defend themselves.
John Ferrara himself never complained, thats the thing about him he didn't fight for Barrack Obama he fought for survival.
John was put into situations that most men don't walk out of, the fact he made it through the battles of war shows what kind of man he has become.
John and his wife are expecting their first child, that baby has no idea that he or she will have a father who fought through some of the most evil terrorists in the country just to make it back to his family.
Again I know John will not brag so its going to have to be the people around him that remind his family just how special he is.
I'll never forget when I lost my uncle Jimmy at age 42, I remember everyday for the next month it seemed like, I got a call from John to come over.
He always had my back, when he left I felt like we would never be close again but nothing will ever take away how much his friendship means to me.
For so long I didn't do much with my life, I was ashamed to be around people who were, I remember I saw John after he went through a pretty rough mission.
I should have been there for him, I wasn't because I was so focused on trying to be a good uncle, I wish I was a better friend to him when he needed me.
What makes him such a good person is that fact he doesn't let that come between us, he understood I was lost myself, I had no idea what I was going to do with my life.
I'm still lost at times, seeing John do as well as he has and seeing a former Marine from the same High School I went to Bradley Desir becoming a professional MMA fighter inspired me to want more with my life.
I don't know if I could ever be anything great like what they have worked to be, I just know with hard work someday I will find my place.
Again its people like that who make those opportunities even possible for people like me, I thank god we have people like this in this world.
At the end of everything I want to say to everyone that John Ferrara overcame a lot, as he continues to serve he is still someone who has displayed acts of true bravery in the fields of battle.
He obviously comes home for visits, but when the time comes where hes officially home then its up to all of us to make sure he gets the proper welcome.
At the end of everything not just as a close friend but as an American I want to say thank you to John Ferrara.

No comments:
Post a Comment