![]() |
| Jon Jones will defend his UFC Light Heavyweight title against Vitor Belfort picture belongs to http://www.mmaweekly.com |
After running away from a fight Vs Chael Sonnen on 8 days notice the UFC Light Heavyweight champion Jon "Bones" Jones is set to defend his title against Vitor Belfort tomorrow night in Toronto, Canada.
It has been discussed that UFC president Dana White has a meeting with Jon Jones before the weigh ins, of course Jon Jones is finding a way to complain about that.
Jon Jones is paid to fight by the UFC, if the UFC president wants a meeting with you then you shut your mouth and do what he says.
This guy acts more and more like a spoiled brat, you would think he would have some kind of mental toughness to him especially if you look at the way he fights in the octagon.
He may be one of the most talented fighters in UFC history, he may be young but he seems to make a lot of mistakes whenever he addresses the media which could turn a lot of his fans against him.
Everyone deep down knows the real reason Jon Jones didn't defend his title against Chael Sonnen was because he was afraid he would lose his title, I wish he would just say that instead of giving us multiple excuses that contradict each other.
One minute you say you will take some of the blame for UFC 151 being canceled, now your saying point the finger at the UFC executives, why don't the guy just stick to his word for once?
You made a point to say you would fight anyone at any time after you fought 4 times in a year, I just don't understand why he has to open up his mouth at all.
He should just let his trainer Greg Jackson speak for him until he matures a little, Jon Jones is only going to hurt his own reputation and its really sad because we all know the guy is a great fighter.
Sorry to sound like a broken record here but it pisses me off that this guy doesn't respect the UFC fans.
It pisses me off that one of our champions doesn't have the confidence to fight on 8 days when the other fighter had the same amount of time to mentally prepare.
When I first heard about Jones agreeing to defend his title against Vitor, I was seriously disappointed.
I kept thinking this would be an easy win for Jon Jones, the more and more I check tape I see that Vitor might be able to exploit Jon Jones weaknesses.
Jon Jones needs to be tested, Vitor has the strength to push him up against the cage and wear him down with dirty boxing.
If Vitor was able to tire Jon Jones out I could see him taking him apart from the standup, I look at Jon Jones as great as he is his standup is very overrated.
Vitor Belfort is going to have to just go in attack mode the moment he steps in there, I think his aggressive style might get in the mind of Jones.
Jon Jones to be effective in this fight will have to find a way to ground Vitor and just come down with elbows.
Everyone knows Jon Jones has a great ground and pound, the only thing you have to worry about there is you don't want Vitor to submit you.
Vitor is not young anymore we all know this, that could be his advantage in the fight because he is a crafty veteran who can beat you in many ways.
I predict Jon Jones retaining his title but personally deep down I hope Vitor Belfort knocks him out and teaches that spoiled brat a lesson.

No comments:
Post a Comment