Friday, May 3, 2013

Where Has The Pride Gone In Major League Baseball?

CC Sabathia looking like a clown picture belongs to http://www.1043thefan.com

Watching the New York Yankees play tonight one thing came to mind right away, how on earth do they let CC Sabathia come out wearing the Yankee uniform the way he does?

I think its disrespectful to wear any uniform the way he does but to do it to a uniform that has the tradition of the Yankee pinstripes really makes me sick.

To some people this may not seem like a big deal, when your seeing kids wearing their hat to the side trying to be like CC it may change your view.

I'm well aware CC is not the only guy in Baseball to wear his uniform like that, I'm singling him out here because he just so happened to be pitching when I turned the game on.

At least CC doesn't wear a do-rag under his hat but at the same time where is the pride?

If your going to respect the game then respect the game, the moment you come out on that field dressed like a clown your setting a bad example for every kid watching.

Again it may not seem like a big deal to some, its hard for me to support a guy who wears the Yankee uniform like that.

At least wear your hat the right way, David Wells use to dress like a slob too but that was because he was too fat and lazy to care.

With CC I don't know if its some kind of thing where hes paying respect to the rap scene, all I know is he doesn't look like a professional.

Don't try to debate anything I said by telling me how he pitches, everyone on the planet knows CC Sabathia has a gifted arm but it would be nice to see him take some pride in how he represents himself out there.

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same about Felix Hernadez always wearing his hat sideways and any player who doesn't pull his pant legs up to his shins

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a shame it really is, again I think CC has one of the most gifted arms you will ever see but it makes it hard to support a guy who wears the uniform like that.

      Delete