Jorge Posada could be the reason for the departure of Johnny Damon and 2009 World Series MVP Hideki Matsui for the 2010 season.Jorge puts up decent numbers, but seems to make a lot of big outs that put the team in tough spots.
This picture belongs to ESPN.com
Is it worth it to keep a player that thinks of only himself?
I know there are many Jorge Posada fans, but come on how many times did he strand runners in scoring position during the post season?
He got up with two on with two out in the 7th inning during a World Series game, and popped out to second on a 3-0 pitch.
That is not the only time I have seen that happen or he will chase the first pitch when the pitcher just walked a guy on four pitches.
I have said it before and I will always believe in this a true superstar is a player that thinks of the team before belting a three run home run.
As good as Alex Rodriguez is you never see him go up there and swing wild at the first pitch when the team needs base runners.
No way you can compare Jorge Posada to a Alex Rodriguez not on any day.
Now on another note the Yankees have been rumoured to be letting go either Johnny Damon or Hideki Matsui.
Another option that has been thrown around is to not resign either of them, because there big idea is to leave the DH role open to Jorge Posada.
To me I think that is stupid New York is going to let go of two players who are much more clutch than J. Posada has ever been.
If they were just letting Johnny Damon go I would agree with it, but the fact the Yankees are willing to take a loss for a selfish catcher is beyond me.
I hope someone comes to their senses and realizes Jorge Posada should never be above the team, and although he was a part of 5 World Championships he never stood out as a main contributor.
No comments:
Post a Comment