Please for the love of god bring back the 2009 World Series MVP Hideki Matsui as the everyday DH.When you are talking about Godzilla you are talking about possible one of the best designated hitters in all of Baseball.
This picture belongs to ESPN.com
The 35 year old star out of Japan produced big time with the bat during the regular season he hit .274 with 28 home runs and 90 RBI.
He dominated the 2009 World Series going 8 for 13 with 3 home runs and 8 RBI for a .615 batting average.
I am not saying that Johnny Damon is a bad choice for a DH I am just saying that giving up Hideki could hurt worse when the 2010 season starts.
There both clutch players who I like very much but if it came down to either one of them I would have to pick H. Matsui.
The fact that talking to Hideki hasn't been at the top of GM Brian Cashman's agenda is something that is hard to take in.
After playing the way he did against the Phillies that is all the respect he is shown?
I know J. Damon had a great year offensively so if he can carry that into 2010 then this will be another time I would love to say I was wrong, but it is going to be difficult to watch Hideki Matsui play for another team.
As good as Johnny is you have to at least give the long term Yankee a look first especially after being a huge part of bringing home the 27th World Championship.
No comments:
Post a Comment