Thursday, December 10, 2009

Yankees Talk With Damon For A Return To The Bronx

The Bronx Bombers have begun to talk with All Star Johnny Damon for a return to the Yankee lineup for the 2010 season.

This picture belongs to ESPN.com

After playing a big role in the New York Yankees 27th World Championship all the veteran can do is wait.

First off I just want to make the comment that this is one of the biggest team players in all of sports, there is never a lack of effort.

Johnny is coming off an excellent year batting .282 in the regular season tying a career high 24 home runs driving in 82 runs.

For Baseball fans everywhere who many not know this the other time he hit 24 home runs in a season was his 1st year as a New York Yankee in 2006.

Lets not count out his career .279 post season average with 9 home runs and 30 RBI, he seems to always find a way to make an impact in important games.

After saying all of that I must say that I would never let him touch a glove again the man is one of the worst outfielders I have ever seen in all levels of Baseball.

I played with guys in little league who made it look a lot easier than J. Damon makes it look everything hit to him out there is an adventure.

Its obvious that there hasn't been a real commitment to the 2009 World Series MVP Hideki Matsui so if that is the case then Johnny Damon, and Jorge Posada should platoon as the designated hitters.

That way you can have a much healthier J. Damon, and J. Posada giving you two very productive bats along the season.

Looking at ESPN.com I read that if the Yankees fail to come to an agreement with Johnny Damon that they would possibly go after free agents Mark DeRosa or Mike Cameron who are also on in their mid 30's.

Don't get too ahead assuming that everyone of these deals will happen, in the game of Baseball anything can happen, but it has to be very likely than J. Damon will return in pinstripes he has a very good relationship with the origination.

As much as H. Matsui came through I just think think that the Yankees were going to resign him at all even coming off a solid season as the everyday DH.

So far New York was smart to pick up Curtis Granderson to play CF although they have a great team as is expect them to pull out some more moves before the end of December.

No comments:

Post a Comment