Looking back I can definitely see how the New Jersey Devils goalie Martin Brodeur is a class act remembering how he wouldn't shake Sean Avery's hand after dropping a playoff series to them two seasons ago.Sean dominated Marty all series long which triggered the NHL referees to come up with the Sean Avery rule where a player is not allowed to distract the opposing goal tender by blocking his vision with the stick.
This picture belongs to ESPN.com
As bad as the calls have been I have to say it has been even more outrageous this year, and if it is all because they have Sean Avery then come on its time to get over the hatred for the man.
S. Avery doesn't like Martin Brodeur who cares? Marty is a whiner anyway and in reality nobody said that players have to get along with players that represent other teams.
For all of those sports fans who want to get on Alex Rodriguez or Tiger Woods maybe you should do a little research on the New Jersey Devils legend goalie.
M. Brodeur didn't just cheat on his ex wife he had to do it with her brother's wife on top of it knowing that there were children involved.
I know there are people that will see me write that and say who cares well everyone should be held to the same standards.
Why else is Sean not liked because he doesn't like Sidney Crosby say what you want about the NHL players hating him, but the fact is that Sidney was voted as the biggest crybaby.
There is nothing worse than being a baby out there, I admire someone like S. Avery the man goes out there and puts a target on his back to create more gaps of opportunity
I've watched videos from the past where NHL analyst were bashing Sean Avery for being a midget who ran his mouth if he is such a shrimp why don't someone do something about it then?
Really this is Hockey it is the weak ones who ruin the game there has not been many times that I have ever seen Sean deliberately hurt a player the way guys like Donald Brashear, Darcy Tucker, Chris Simon, have but somehow at the end of the day #16 is always the issue.
Its simple either stop him or deal with it enough of the crying because as a Ranger fan I desperately want to watch the game the way it use to be.
When there was an agitator on the ice he was dealt with or the other team zoned him out, and focused on scoring.
Nobody had a problem with newcoming Ranger Donald Brashear who I might add blasted former blueshirt Blair Betts in the playoffs last year with just about one of the dirtiest hits I have ever witnessed.
I don't hear the anaylst bashing Chris Simon who almost killed Ryan Hollweg years ago when he slashed him 2 inches from his throat.
At the end of that R. Hollweg was just lucky to be alive, you tell me one time that Sean Avery caused that kind of damage onto an opposing player.
I saw a player get stepped on, I've seen players pull acts that could be considered a crime on the ice, somehow you only hear about one player's antics.
Waving a stick in front of a goalies face or throwing water at someone somehow doesn't register in my mind as acts of violence, I just think it it asking for the other team to level you in the corner.
It takes guts to put yourself out there and give up your body for the good of the team.
No matter what if he plays against your team you will hate him, but when you see what he does every game you notice how valuable he is to a team.
Think about it Sidney Crosby is one of the most talented players in the game, but you tell me why nobody cares to listen to any of his interviews.
I'll tell you why because he is plain and boring players like S. Avery bring that excitement that the game has lacked for many years.
If you hate him your coming to boo him if you love him your coming to cheer him either way I see more Sean Avery Jerseys around than anyone else's.
You have to respect him with the exception of a few names there is nothing personal about it because when he played the Rangers representing the Dallas Stars he was in Henrik Lundqvist's face all game long.
Things needs to change the NHL board needs to open up and realize who draws the fans because I am sorry players like Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin, Jarome Ignila, Alex Ovechkin are about as boring as Rangers broadcaster Sam Rosen lets just say they all lack a personality.
No comments:
Post a Comment