![]() |
| American Gangster Chael Sonnen picture belongs to http://www.mmamania.com |
For the 2nd time Chael Sonnen was defeated by Middleweight champion Anderson Silva only this time it was a convincing win, Chael was the first fighter in the UFC to ever take the fight to Anderson.
In their first encounter Chael's striking was impressive as he seemed to have the upper hand on A. Silva the entire fight, until Sonnen's demons kicked in causing him to tap out due to the triangle choke.
From that point on in 2010 all the way to UFC 148 in 2012 Chael Sonnen promised the entire world that he was going to take home the Middleweight title.
Chael made it as clear as day that he had every intention of completely dominating the second fight like he did the first one, he told anyone who would listen that he was going to bury his fists in Anderson's face all night.
After UFC 148 we are left with the result of another Anderson Silva victory, and we are left with another disappointing night for the great Chael Sonnen.
By no means does this take anything away from Chael's fighting ability, but we can at least say for now that the wind has been taken out of his sail.
I will admit every part of me thought he was going to win that fight, I didn't expect him to lose and if he did I didn't expect it to be by TKO.
I am in no position to say whats legal or illegal but I think anyone can see on the replay of the ending of that fight that the knee definitely at least caught Chael up in the face.
Chael is too proud to be a UFC fighter than to cry foul, but to be honest Anderson fought a very dirty fight. To me it honestly looked like Anderson was looking to knee Chael's head clean off.
You can see Chael Sonnen's head rock back, after the fight you could see a nasty cut on his nose which looked to be in the spot that the knee came in around.
I'm not crying or making excuses for the result of the fight but yeah it did look pretty dirty at least from every clip I've seen.
What I respect about Chael is he will never make excuses, right away he gave as much respect as he could to a guy you can see he clearly doesn't like.
I don't think any of the stuff Chael said was fake, I think he meant every word he said and I don't think he regrets anything that happened.
Two fighters go in one fighter walks out as the winner thats the name of the game, I don't think Chael Sonnen walked away from UFC 148 feeling like he ate his words, I honestly think this will only motivate him to want to be better.
Throughout his MMA career he has been labeled as a fighter with world class talent but a fighter who cannot win the big one, I really hope this is the start of him regaining his name in the sport.
I've seen fighters lose a big fight in the UFC then get weeded out, some fighters have recovered for a return some haven't, but we shouldn't let this be the end of a terrific fighter.
Lets think back to the fact this was probably one of the biggest fights in UFC history no thanks to Anderson Silva.
Chael Sonnen was out there consistently hyping this fight getting people like me who didn't even watch the UFC in 2010 to start becoming fans.
I always liked MMA from all promotions but I really didn't get as into the UFC as I did until Chael Sonnen before UFC 117.
See I don't stop believing in or cheering for a fighter just because they lost it happens to everyone, this is another bump in the long journey of Chael's quest to become the greatest fighter in the world.
As for Anderson Silva congratulations he won again doesn't change the fact he has no respect for the UFC or any of the American fans.
This guy is said to be the best MMA fighter in MMA history so what does he do pulls antics like shoulder bump at the weigh in, grabbing the trunks throwing knees to a fighter's head while he is down or at least intending to.
How can anyone walk away from this calling this a great and honorable champion? How could anyone gain even more respect for a fighter who clearly has no respect for anyone?
I'm disgusted that the #1 pound for pound fighter in the world has to act like that in order to gain attention, he doesn't have the personality to speak like a real human being.
Everything Anderson Silva says which has to be translated because he has no guts to say it in English is programmed. Everything about the guy is a joke come on offering Chael to come to a barbecue after the fight made me hate the guy even more.
I'm not taking anything away from his ability in the octagon but Anderson Silva is a punk, hes a punk that needs to be beaten.
I don't care who it is if its not Chael Sonnen for a third fight then maybe Dana White will let a hungry Michael Bisping go in there and see what he can do.
As a Chael Sonnen fan I hope Dana White realizes this was one of the best draws in UFC history, I hope the world realizes in a UFC fight anything can happen.
I don't think this means Chael is incapable of ever beating Anderson Silva, when a fighter is able to take the fight to a fighter as talented as Anderson there is a reason for it.
Hopefully Chael Sonnen will take a few weeks to regroup, get back to the gym and regain his edge to wanting to be the best.
Whatever Chael chooses to do I thank the guy for being the main reason I even watch the sport, just because most fans are frontrunners doesn't mean I am too.
I will never stop believing in Chael Sonnen, for anyone who decides to give up on him for losing to who you call the best in the world then shame on you.
Obviously nobody in the UFC has been able to defeat Anderson Silva so how can you retire a fighter for failing to do so?

No comments:
Post a Comment