![]() |
| My senior year after my last Baseball game for PV High School standing next to Joe Novak |
Never has there been a moment where I didn't feel as nervous as can be, no matter what I'm ever doing I always feel pressure.
Never will I be able to put my finger on why but I never have confidence in anything I do, everyday I seem to always be worried about something.
Growing up I never had as much fun as I should have because I was told by teachers as a little kid that I was too obsessed with sports, this is something that would later come back to haunt me.
There was a time when I was all about Baseball and I wanted to be in the Major Leagues like most children, but the difference was I think I wanted it more then.
As I got older I let the world poison my mind with the thought that sports don't matter, I let people tell me throughout don't take it so serious.
Looking back if I would have continued to take the game serious I might have gotten my arm fixed and went on to do something with it.
I will say the one thing I didn't miss out on was I did love playing for Putnam Valley High School, I loved everything about that school.
Not a day that goes by where I don't remember the guys I played with, and the best coach I ever had. Whenever I see guys from that team to this day I almost feel like there a part of my family even now.
There is a bond that comes with playing high school sports, your together with the same group for so long that at times you actually spend more time with them than your actual family.
People don't realize the leadership and friendship that high school sports cause, they don't realize it makes everyone feel important.
I remember walking in during the mornings of my senior year wearing my Baseball jersey, there was such a special feeling that came on whenever I put that jersey on.
People seemed to give me more attention because of what I could do with my glove, I felt like if anything ever gave me any kind of confidence ever it was playing for that school.
There is many things that could have been handled differently while I attended Lakeland, but I don't regret the way things turned out because Putnam Valley High School is the best school around.
I don't stand here with excuses now but I do stand here with the thought of what may have been, I'm stuck here wondering if I gave up way too fast.
My point is that everyone should encourage children to accomplish whatever it is that drives them to want to be better, I hope the time comes where people realize that.
Everyone is so quick to shoot your dreams down they don't realize dreams are what keeps us alive, once we stop dreaming were nothing more than a dead zombie.
I let people tell me my whole life I was too small or I wasn't smart enough, you know what screw those people because in the end they say things like that because they don't believe in themselves.
No matter where you are in life no matter how old you are it is never too late to make a difference, everyone lives once and there is no time limit on when to succeed.
Anyone reading this I hope you take my advice don't let anyone push you around, and if there is something you want to accomplish just do it.
I'm 26 I live with my parents right now as much as I'm ashamed of my place being a merchandiser at a bogus company I know things will get better, don't stop believing anything is possible.

No comments:
Post a Comment