| UFC 149 Main Event Uriah Faber Vs Renan Barao picture belongs to http://www.sherdog.com |
Another action packed PPV in store for UFC fans, UFC president Dana White has come through on giving us some great fights over the years but especially as of late.
UFC 148 no matter what the results were you have to say was probably one of the biggest PPV's in history, it was a night full of great fights and this card looks to be no different.
As bummed as I was to see Chael Sonnen lose at UFC 148 what makes the sport so great is now your seeing newcomers in title picture looking for a shot at Anderson Silva.
I'm really excited to see how Hector "Lightning" Lombard will do in the UFC with his 31-2 MMA record.
I can't wait to see how Hector will fair in the UFC's Middleweight division, somewhere down the road I do see this man in the title picture.
The thing I really like about this guy is for a Middleweight he looks to have a lot of size to him, I cannot many fighters willing to go to the ground with him.
One last thing you have to always watch out for is he is a southpaw, if people remember Chael Sonnen's striking gave Middleweight champion Anderson Silva a problem.
Also make sure you keep in mind Hector Lombard has not lost a fight since November of 2006 when he was fighting for Pride.
Mauricio "Shogun" Rua will also be on the card but his opponent has yet to be determined, but I really wouldn't worry Dana White always has a few surprises up his sleeve.
Mauricio {20-6} has held wins over some of the greatest light heavyweights in UFC history, he has earned victories over Chuck Liddell, Mark Coleman, Lyoto Machida, and Forrest Griffin.
Outside of the UFC he has defeated Alistair Overeem twice and also earned a knockout victory over Quinton "Rampage" Jackson.
We all saw what Alistair Overeem did in his last fight against former Heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar, so to be able to knockout a guy out like that means your a bad dude.
He came up short in UFC 139 against Dan Henderson who defeated in with a unanimous decision, I do have to say that was one of the most exciting five round fights I've ever seen.
Its really hard to keep a five round fight exciting, fighters starting getting really tired after the first two rounds, you have to keep in mind this is not boxing most of the time in MMA fighters are running at each other.
It puts a lot of stress on you physically even in rounds that your winning, just to keep octagon control more times than not you have to out muscle your opponent.
So for fans wandering what will happen with this fight don't worry Dana White will give us a fight we could all love and see.
The main event will be for the interim Bantamweight title which was vacated after champion Dominick Cruz tore his acl.
Now Uriah Faber is in there with another dominate fighter who has won 28 straight MMA fights which is a record the great Renan "Pegado" Barao.
Renan lost the first fight of his MMA career in a decision but since has been of the most talented fighters in the sport.
He has won all three times he has stepped into the octagon, but this looks to be the toughest challenge of all.
Now Renan Barao will have to take on Uriah Faber, everyone is worried for Uriah when they should also be worrying for Renan.
Lets think about this many fighters have come to the UFC with incredible records, how many of those guys come to the UFC and get destroyed?
Look its great to have a good win\loss record but I've learned in the world of MMA its not everything, anyone can win on any given night.
There is a reason the great MMA fighters usually end up coming over to the UFC, the UFC has the best talent in all of MMA no matter what anyone wants to say.
As far as I'm concerned the UFC is the major leagues of MMA, so I really don't think there is any fight that you can look at and thats an easy victory.
There is no easy fights in the UFC this is where its at, you really cannot ask for much better than what this company has given us in recent time.
The UFC as good as its been its still on the rise look out for exciting fights that will keep us all on the edge of our seats.
No comments:
Post a Comment