Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Danny Garcia Remains Undefeated With 4th Round TKO

Danny Garcia after defeating Amir Khan picture belongs to http://theboxingtribune.com















The young latino from Philly Danny Garcia {24-0} was excellent in his 4th round TKO finish over Amir Khan {26-3}.

Going into that fight I didn't see it becoming a war of fists like it was, from the opening bell to the finish both fighters showed a tremendous amount of heart.

Neither fighter was afraid to engage in a battle, it was a quick finish but looking back it was a very entertaining fight.

Danny Garcia has been said by many to be a fighter that is not very talented, many times its been questioned if he is an elite fighter.

As time has gone on, Danny has flourished in the Boxing world scoring victory after victory to keep his unbeaten streak.

Most say Amir Khan fought a foolish fight, you know maybe he would have won if he tried to just outbox his opponent, but lets face it wouldn't you rather see a man fight?

Think back on the days of Oscar De La Hoya, the man didn't win every fight but he always kept you on the edge of your seat wanting more.

As a fighter with multiple titles as it is Danny Garcia was able to add one more, he was able to take Amir Khan's WBA Super World Light Welterweight title.

It was a great night for Boxing, even know we saw a bump in the road on Amir Khan's journey to legacy, we we saw the birth of a new upcoming star in the fighting world.

It takes two to make a great fight, I honestly was more entertained by that 4 round finish as I am for the fights that go to distance.

As for Amir Khan I wouldn't write the man off yet, he is still a very young and gifted fighter who will win a lot more than he loses.

What happened to Amir Khan in the Lamont Peterson fight was just garbage, that referee was ridiculous, I've never seen 2 point deducted on pushing without a real warning.

The reason Amir Khan was pushing Lamont was because all Peterson wanted to do was clinch, if you looked at Lamont Petersons face by the end it was crystal clear he got his butt kicked.

Now with Danny Garcia it was obvious how many times he caught Amir Khan with some bombs, you could see for the last two rounds Amir didn't look comfortable on his feet.

Amir Khan was moving like he just chugged through a bottle of vodka, at that point you had to know he didn't have much longer.

Now from that point on the way Amir kept charging at Danny Garcia showed more heart than anyone can possibly know, you can see he was pretty much out on his feet and he kept coming.

I really hope to see Amir Khan rebound very soon from that loss, again I don't consider the Lamont Peterson fight a loss, the same way I don't consider Pacquaio the loser when he fought Timothy Bradley.

The thing that sucks about Boxing is there is so much corruption you don't know whats real anymore, thats why so many fans have turned to MMA.

The great thing about this fight was he turned away from all that crap, we were treated with a real fight it was absolutely great for the sport.

At the end of everything what will we see next for Danny Garcia? Will he continue to remain undefeated? Will he continue to shut the critics up?

Will Amir Khan ask for a rematch? Who knows the answers to all these questions? All I know is I want to see great fights plain and simple.






No comments:

Post a Comment