Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Whats Next For Anderson "The Spider" Silva?

Middleweight Champion Anderson "The Spider" Silva picture belongs to http://chicagosmma.com





















Middleweight champion and #1 pound for pound fighter Anderson Silva is overlooking Michael Bisping, Hector Lombard and Chris Weidman so he can avoid someone relevant.

Anderson Silva's camp actually said they want a fight with Strikeforce Middleweight champion Luke Rockhold, but he is tied down to that company.

Lets just think about it, whats so great about Strikeforce's Middleweight champion Luke Rockhold?

Look I get it the guy is young hes strong, he got some press during his 5 round decision win over Tim Kennedy, but anyone who actually saw that fight would tell you Tim Kennedy's skills were pretty amateur.

The biggest name Luke Rockhold ever took out was Keith Jardine, he has an MMA record of 10-1 right now so I just don't understand where he would be a bigger draw than any of the three fighters I mentioned before..

Listen Anderson Silva's camp made a big deal about fighting someone whos going to draw a crowd, lets just say Anderson doesn't have a personality so what does he mean with that?

He made a point to say for years people watch him because of the way he fights, well why would Hector Lombard be any different?

Your telling me Hector Lombard hasn't proved himself to be a worthy contender as well as Michael Bisping or Chris Weidman, you would rather fight someone from Strikeforce.

Even if it means a 3rd fight with Chael Sonnen the man needs to fight someone who will give him an actual fight or just retire.

Really I've had it with this Anderson Silva legacy first time the man was ever in a real fight was when he fought Chael Sonnen.

I think it shows who the UFC is centered around when you get away with throwing a knee to a grounded fighter's face.

Lets just say the point of the knee did hit the chest as a result of the knee the thigh at least caught Chael in the face.

I think they should at least do a 3rd match, to fans who say oh thats it Chael lost twice, think about it that was the biggest rivalry in UFC history you cannot let it have a controversial ending like that.

I would like to see Anderson Silva fight Chael Sonnen in a real fight, but we all know the chances of that are slim to none.

Everyone including Chael seems to be okay with Anderson Silva basically cheating, and showing he has no class whatsoever.

Lets move on and say whats wrong with the 3 fighters I mentioned before?

Lets start with Chris Weidman {9-0} has he had a lot of fights? No, has he proved he can defeat quality opponents in the UFC? Yes.

Lets not forget when Chael Sonnen defeated Michael Bisping, Michael had to step in for Mark Munoz who was injured at the time.

If Mark Munoz was good enough for a #1 contender fight, then why isn't Chris Weidman worthy? Chris Weidman pounded Mark Munoz into a TKO victory so in my mind he has earned his shot.

Lets look at Hector Lombard {32-2-1} this man hasn't lost a fight since 2006 in Pride. He has put together an incredible resume during his years in MMA.

I'm sitting here wondering how the man hasn't shown hes up there with the top contenders in the Middleweight division.

Since Anderson Silva seems to think Luke Rockhold is star, then why isn't Hector Lombard? Hector fought for other promotions and won a lot of fights, so I'm just confused.

Lets look down to Michael Bisping {22-4} who for some reason Anderson Silva never even mentions, I wonder why.

Michael Bisping has been around the UFC for over 6 years now, the man has put a lot of time in to better the promotion.

I can go on all day about his contributions to the sport, but I would be doing the man an injustice if I didn't tell you in the octagon hes an absolute beast.

If you look away from his fighting ability, your going to tell me Michael Bisping doesn't know how to build a fight?

This man built a fight with Jason "Mayhem" Miller like he was a PPV title fight, anyone I knew was anxious to watch that fight.

Chael Sonnen was the toughest opponent Anderson has had, he knows Michael Bisping fought a close fight with Chael so in my opinion thats the fight he really doesn't want.

Now lets look at Chris Weidman, Hector Lombard, and Michael Bisping, whats something they have in common that would give Middleweight champion Anderson Silva a problem?

All 3 fighters are incredibly strong, they are never afraid to mix it up with anyone which off the bat sends "The Spider" into retreat.

I don't understand the people who want a champion who ducks fights like that, I'm sorry but it proves my point even more that Anderson Silva doesn't want a real fight.

Anderson congratulations you have become the Floyd "Money" Mayweather of the UFC, one time you fight a real opponent and you feel like your work is done.

If thats the way your going to play out the rest of your career Anderson, just retire let your fans have their moment and watch you sail off into the sunset.

Stop dragging down the Middleweight division so we can see real title fights in the future, I applaud him for defeating Chael Sonnen the 1st fight, the 2nd fight the man did everything he could to try and get disqualified.

He may be the most talented fighter in MMA today, how can we know if you don't continue to test your skills with the best around?

If Anderson Silva continues to duck all 3 of these fighters so he can talk about a fighter from Strikeforce, then you all can have him, I don't want a world champion who acts like that.

Sounds to me like the man is afraid to get his face punched in for another 20 to 23 minutes, I guess he is afraid all three of those fighters thats the only thing that could make sense to me.

If none of those options sit well with you, then why don't you ask Rashad Evans to jump down to Middleweight for one fight?

Why don't you give the fans what they really want to see?


No comments:

Post a Comment