Monday, July 23, 2012

Hector "Lightning" Lombard Fails To Impress At UFC 149

Hector Lombard looks on in disgust as Tim Boetsch celebrates after a very uneventful fight picture belongs to http://sports.yahoo.com






















For two men who have been mentioned in talks with fighting Anderson "The Spider" Silva for the Middleweight title, neither fighter looked to be anywhere close to a title fight.

Tim Boetsch broke his foot during the fight, as far as the way he fought that could have played a major role in why he wasn't as active as hes been in the past.

After losing by unanimous decision Hector hit a real bump in the road after only one UFC fight, he has already let down the president of the company Dana White.

Dana White when asked about his thoughts on the fight, he didn't seem to be a man who is going to be very patient with this guy.

The fact Hector stood out as a major star in rival promotions, I honestly don't think any of that ever really impressed Dana White.

After one fight in the UFC Dana has already made it clear he believes Hector Lombard should drop down to the Welterweight division, its hard for me to have an opinion on it.

I'm just so disappointed with the lack of energy he showed last night, truth be told I could care less when and if he ever fights again.

To come in with the chance to show the world you belong, the fact you don't even look like you have a heartbeat shows a real lack of motivation.

A real fighter brings out his best in these situations, he had a chance to show the UFC that his MMA record was not a fluke.

I still think he will find success in the UFC, like I said though I think he beat himself at UFC 149, his lack of aggression really let Tim Boetsch steal the fight.

Tim Boetsch is not really someone I thought very highly of either after that fight, lets put it this way the UFC could have given this fight away for free and it still would have been bad.

I guess there is no place like the UFC, you won't find the level of talent in the UFC at any other promotion in the world.

The UFC separates the champions from the challengers, it shows you who is the legit fighters and who is not.

I guess we have to wait for Michael Bisping Vs Brian Stann at UFC 152 to see how the Middleweight division will unfold, I wonder if Anderson Silva will set up a title defense against Chris Weidman to keep his skills sharp.

If your Anderson Silva you stand at the top of the heap, you cannot let your skills get stale by staying idle for too long.

I think its in evident he will defend his title against Michael Bisping, I honestly think he needs to do everything he can in order to be ready for that fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment