You can talk about family all you want, there is very few times you can put into words how much they mean to you.
I come from two of the best parents in the world, the thing I don't mention enough is how lucky I am to have a brother like the one I have.
My brother Mike is over 7 years older than I am, most older brothers would never even spend any time with a brother that much younger than them.
I've seen a lot of older brothers bully their younger siblings, I've seen it happen so many times but it never happened with my brother.
I have memories of him teaching me how to play Baseball, he also took the time to coach teams I was on along with my friends.
See my brother always told it like it was, a lot of kids didn't want to hear it so they would say stuff to me, what they didn't realize was I agreed with my brother 100 percent.
I would grow up following him around, he included me when he did things with his friends, he always would let me have my big moment when we all played sports together.
He would run into my living room when nobody was home with his old WWE "Attitude Era" title, and say its on for the title.
He knew I was a tough kid who liked to fight, he would put me in a submission hold just to watch me fight out of it and go crazy.
Normally he usually won, but there were times he would let me win and I remember I would run around school thinking I was the world champion.
He use to let me ride on the front of his bike to the Putnam Valley Town Park to play ball with his friends, I just remember how much fun it was hanging out with him.
When he played for Lakeland High School I use to do the scoreboard a lot, I use to love watching him play Baseball there he was the best on every team he ever played for.
I don't think I have ever seen someone act so cool under pressure, I wish I had half of what he has when it comes to mental toughness.
Not just saying this because he is my brother but he always stood out, he was on teams with guys who could probably do 1 or 2 things better, but when the game was on the line it was no contest Mike beat them every time.
I remember one time he played against Hen Hud the left fielder kept yelling all of this stuff, next pitch Mike hits a bomb 50 feet over his head easily clearing the fence for a huge home run.
Even when we play softball now, its obvious Mike could have went on to play Baseball for money if he stayed healthy during college.
Still I don't think he regrets a thing, I think he is as happy as anyone which is one thing I always admire about him, he always stays positive.
A lot of brothers are jealous of each other, I got to be honest I cheer for Mike to do much better than me and so far he has in many areas in life.
Mike has become one of the best fathers I know along with being a great husband to his wife, all he ever talks about is how much he loves his family.
Mike gave me the niece and nephew who mean everything to me, his son is a complete image of him as a little kid.
Of course we don't see each other as much as we use to, I still know that each and every day I'm lucky to have him for a brother.
If life throws off speed pitches to you, sometimes you just have to sit back and realize whats really important.
I know I've sort of touched on all of this in a blog done recently, but right now I'm feeling pretty lucky to be alive.
Last summer I was involved in a car accident that ends most peoples lives or at least injures them permanently, the fact I'm walking around breathing the same air as everyone else makes me realize how lucky I am.
The thing that really freaked me out was after the accident my niece was crying her eyes out, I thought about what would have happened if I did die.
It would have been a wasted life, a total waste of space is what I was became and it made me ashamed to want to even leave my house.
It made me want to really slow down, I was just drifting through life not caring about a whole lot which included myself.
I hated who I was for so long, I felt like after High School I let a lot of people down, truth is I've probably let down more people since I graduated.
Its people like my brother who keep the world going, its people like me who need to follow that lead.
No comments:
Post a Comment