![]() |
| UFC 149 weigh in: Hector "Lightning" Lombard Vs Tim "The Barbarian" Boetsch picture belongs to http://tampabay.sbnation.com |
Hector has a tough task as he will be going up against the UFC's very own Tim "The Barbarian" Boetsch {15-4}, this will be a very interesting fight.
Many MMA fans have been talking about the fear of the dangerous Tim Boetsch, everyone has been talking about him being the next one to end up tangling with Middleweight champ Anderson "The Spider" Silva.
I think everyone needs to keep in mind that we as UFC fans don't know much about Hector Lombard, we at least don't know enough to say he is not worthy of being in big fights.
I don't think anyone knows enough about him to say he is going to lose this fight, I honestly think styles are what make fights, you never know how its going to go until both men step into the octagon.
I've seen so many crazy things happen, look back at Lyoto Machida who was actually out striking Jon "Bones" Jones, all of a sudden your watching Jon Jones choking him out while they were standing.
As much as I hate Anderson Silva think back he probably pulled off one of the greatest comeback wins in all of UFC and MMA history at UFC 117.
Still if you look at both fighters during the weigh in, Hector Lombard looks to be in incredible shape at least a lot better than Tim Boetsch, he looks really hungry to take over the division.
With the rise in star power for Chael Sonnen, the Middleweight division is starting to develop some real stars, maybe Anderson should be looking to get some money out of it.
Middleweight star Michael "The Count" Bisping {22-4} was supposed to be the one taking on Hector Lombard tonight, he had to be replaced due to an injury.
See I didn't even know that, the one problem with UFC sometimes is you never hear about things like that until months after the fact.
I thought they were just refusing to give him any worthy opponents, I still in the back of my head know Anderson Silva don't want none of him.
During the UFC 149 press conference, Michael Bisping said a few jokes about Hector Lombard which drew many laughs.
Michael Bisping is your classic example of the man fans love to hate, thats why he has become one of my favorite fighters.
Bisping brought up some good points, he said out of all the wins in Hector's career, he never even heard of most of the guys he defeated.
I also heard Michael Bisping say he was led to believe from the UFC, if he beats Brian Stann at UFC 152 he will have earned himself a title shot at Anderson Silva FINALLY.
I love it when fighters start trading insults, calling each other out, this is part of what draws fans into the fighting world.
Chael Sonnen Vs Anderson Silva best feud ever a lot like Tito Ortiz Vs Ken Shamrock, we need to keep these bad blood fights going.
If Lightning strikes tonight for Hector Lombard, you have to wonder if he could take on a Michael Bisping in the future.
As for tonight Hector Lombard has a very difficult task, if he overlooks Tim Boetsch, he will pay the price for it.
Hopefully we will see a war between these two animals tonight.

No comments:
Post a Comment