Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Yanks Come Up Short Against The Rangers


















The picture came from http://www.nj.com

Last night the New York Yankees lost 10-9 to the Texas Rangers. Joba Chamberlain had a frustrating outing as he gave up 7 earned runs 9 hits working 4 innings picking up his 4th loss of the year. Chamberlain for the season is now 8-4 as his ERA took a big hit last night as it now stands at 4.34.


I really am tired of seeing the same problems going on with the New York Yankees. I am going to stop blaming Jorge Posada and I am not going to blame Joba.

This all lies on Joe Girardi for not seeing what is going on between the two. Sometimes there are just players who do not work well together.

All I keep hearing about is Burnett and Posada it is not just A.J. This has been a common problem for Jorge for many years with multiple pitchers. How many times does it need to be said? I can be here all day telling you about pitchers that have not been able to pitch with Posada catching.

I realized that the Yankees are not going to give Francisco Cervelli a chance to start as he was great for the Yankees this season. What a boost of energy Cervelli was to this Yankee team it just feels like from that point on this was a different team.

When Jorge Posada was hurt this team was really riding high with Cervelli behind the plate. Not to say they haven't won with Jorge they have been awesome since the all star break, but it just seemed as if Cervelli was the start of this team’s determination.

You look at the big home run Cervelli had in Atlanta he had many big hits against the Boston Red Sox. I don't know how people can continue saying he cannot hit because that is not what I saw when he was the big league level. I do not follow Francisco's minor league stats but when he came up to the show he was a solid hitter where it counted.

The way Cervelli would get fired up behind the plate got you fired up watching him. The way you would see him work with the pitchers he is only 23 years old. The funny thing is he has trouble speaking English but he still finds a way to communicate with the pitchers better than Jorge Posada.

The fact the Yankees do not realize how good he is the reason I am just going to now mention Jose Molina. Jose Molina is a better catcher than Jorge in my mind by a lot. Molina might not hit the 2 run home run Posada hit in the first inning last night, but he would have Joba throwing more off speed pitches.

It was funny to me how every time Jorge Posada comes out to talk to a pitcher he does it when they have a guy 0-2 with 2 outs in the inning. I remember he did that to A.J. Burnett and the next pitch ended up being what Jorge wanted which resulted in a towering 3 run home run.

I just feel like from that point on when Posada came out to talk to Joba he never settled down. Sometimes when you see your pitcher has a batter 0-2 with 2 outs you have to do the talking with your glove. That is when you set up way out of the strike zone make it clear that the next pitch shouldn't be right down the middle.

When Molina catches Chamberlain you notice he is more in sink throwing more off speed pitches. Jorge Posada just sits back there and calls fastballs all night. You could see Joba did not have his typical late 90's fastball he was around 92-94 mph. You could point the finger at Joba all you want but why is it whenever Molina catches him Chamberlain pitches great?

Why is it when anyone else catches A.J. Burnett he is lights out? I saw an article saying people forget Burnett pitched a gem at Yankee Stadium against Boston with Jorge catching. That was a game where A.J. was just dominating if anything Jorge was what made him struggle in the 6th inning of that game.

The Yankee players are not going to say it because they have too much class and the fans along with the media will not say it because they have this extreme loyalty for a man who really is not that good of a catcher. I am not going to insult my intelligence and make excuses to make a case for Jorge being good defensively.

I have seen little league catchers who are better. It is at the point where it's absolutely pathetic. I cannot believe there are people who think this man is legitimately earning his 13 million this season. Jorge to me is worth 5 to 8 million a season.

Posada is so overpaid for what he is to the team. I think that contract gives people this belief that Molina or anyone else has no business starting over him. That contract is the reason he has to be out there all the time.

If you look at the lineup why is Jorge batting in front of Robinson Cano? Cano comes into today hitting .315 20 home runs with 65 RBI compared to Jorge's .277 average with 15 home runs and 60 RBI. Another thing about the two is Cano is dead weight on the bases like Posada is.

Putting Arod, Matsui and Posada in a row is dumb as all three cannot run right now. You have a chance to mix up speed and power why not do it?

There are other teams who have select catchers for curtain pitchers. I guess it is coming down to how far will you go to have 9 guys who have to be able to hit a home run in the lineup?

The positive note about last night was that the bats were alive for the Bronx Bombers all night. Although they lost they fought back in the 9th inning scoring 4 runs.

Jorge Posada {should be the DH} hit his 16th home run of the season in the first inning. Robinson Cano also blasted a home run on the night a solo shot his 20th of the season. Alex Rodriguez also had a good night at the plate going 2-4 with 2 runs scored and drew a walk. Matsui continued his streaky hitting.

Someone needs to step up for the Yankees and not be afraid to speak the truth. Another thing stop messing with the amount of days Joba sits and just let him pitch. This is baseball not the Maury show there grown men start treating them that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment