Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Plaxico Burress Has Reached Rock Bottom


Today is one of the worst days in football history as super bowl champion wide receiver Plaxico Burress starts his two year prison sentence.
http://swamigp.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/nyg_plaxico_burress_01.jpg


It is terrible that a good man has to face the dooms of the everyday life in the big house.

The father of one son P. Burress has reached as low as he could after being on top as one of the most talented football players in the NFL.

To me I don't understand why he was given a two years, I understand if he was an average Joe he would have gotten 3 years, but to me that is not the worst crime to commit.

I know he broke the law, but I honestly do not feel he meant any harm to anyone else.

I have never heard of him having a past of breaking the law, so I really do not think he would have wanted to ruin his legacy.

It was a really stupid decision to carry the gun into the night club in the first place, but he never drew it on anyone.

The fact that he shot himself proves that he had no clue how to even shoot a gun.

The security knew that he had a gun, and their job is to remove anyone of their firearms.

Not to make excuses but if anyone was hurt the security was negligent to the situation.

After Plaxico had accidentally shot himself in the leg, you have to thank god that he was alive after the whole ordeal.

Not to get political but we allow William Ayers who admitted to bombings in the United States to be a professor, but we put Plaxico Burress in prison.

Something to me just does not sit right today as the justice system lets me down in curtain ways.

P. Burress was wrong I really do know that, but he has gone through a lot of issues off the field.

During an interview I saw with ESPN P. Burress commented that he had found out his house was broken into right before he was about to play a game.

I sort of feel for the man considering he basically said he was scared that NFL players were targets for shootings, and other crimes.

I don't know how anyone else feels, but I will miss watching Plaxico dominating secondaries around the league.

I hope nothing but good luck for P. Burress who is expecting his 2nd child to be born while he will still be in jail.

I will pray for this man that his life will work out, and one day he will return as the star that he once was.

What really doesn't sit right with me is the gun was registered in the state of Florida, but why wouldn't it be registered in New York?

If you trust him to conceal a firearm in one state, then why wouldn't that play a factor in this case?

When the bullet that went through P. Burress leg had almost hit a security guard, I am left with the question, why would that matter?

If you allow a man to walk into the club with a weapon in the first place, then you have no excuses for what happens after that.

It's a shame that a player like this will lose two years of his career, but I know when he gets back he will once again regain his name.

I'll never forget the 2007 super bowl when Plaxico Burress made the game winning catch, after a beautiful move to get free in the corner of the end zone.

I want to know what happened to the security who let that all happen, and played a role in what had transpired.

No comments:

Post a Comment